Wednesday 28th June
UNIVERSITY OF LINCOLN, LN6 7TS
LTSA Alliance members £75
Non Alliance £150
Curriculum Leaders or other Leaders (SLE, Lead Practitioner, 2nd in charge) of science. It is open to all institutions and relevant to those delivering secondary level qualifications in science.
The day provides an opportunity to:
• Receive updates relating to Science at a local and national level
• Network and collaborate with colleagues
• Engage with professional development
activities around leadership and teaching
• Meet University of Lincoln staff members
Session will include:
Implementing the new GCSEs
- Where are we now? What next
- How does teaching at KS2/KS3/KS4 need to change so as to prepare students for 2018 onwards?
- How can students understanding of working scientifically be developed?
- How best to deliver the required practicals and ensure students can answer practical related questions in exams
What has had the greatest positive impact on Science in your school in the last 12 months?
Using Sutton Trust research to enhance science provision
- Looking at Sutton Trust research from 2015 and the implications for Teaching and Learning in Science Departments.
In the News
- Opportunities from IOP/STEM Ambassadors/ASE/UOL
Opportunity to network – information stalls/displays for STEM Ambassadors/IOP/Primary SLP/UOL/Science Resource Providers
SLP Needs Analysis
- Identifying priorities and developing the programme
Leading teams of colleagues
- A chance to discuss the skills needed to develop/support individuals and move whole Departments forward.