Pupil Premium Co-ordinators Event
Audience: Pupil Premium Co-ordinators
Monday 14 October 2019; 9:30am - 12:30pm
The Keyworth Centre, Lincoln, LN6 0EP
Intent: To provide an opportunity for pupil premium co-ordinators to:
- engage with some of the latest local and national thinking on the effective use of the pupil premium
- work with current pupil premium reviewers and colleagues to match effective interventions to specific barriers
- engage with a local researcher working on effective support for disadvantaged students.
Implementation: The event will include:
- speaker input and opportunities to share ideas in a workshop setting
- opportunities to discuss and compare Pupil Premium Statements
- effective identification of appropriate barriers to progress for disadvantaged students
- discussion of leadership structures to support actions to address barriers
- discussion of practical ways in which barriers can be addressed.
Impact: Following the event, pupil premium co-ordinators will have an increased understanding of:
- how to evaluate their own Pupil Premium Statement and make improvements where necessary
- how to adapt leadership structures to ensure the effective implementation of the Pupil Premium Strategy
- a range of strategies that they could introduce in order to better meet the needs of disadvantage pupils.