- What We Do/
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)/
- National Professional Qualifications (NPQ)/
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders (NPQSL)/
National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders (NPQSL)
The NPQSL is an established qualification that provides national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a senior leader. It is aimed at individuals who not only have responsibility for leading a team, but are also involved in leading across teams on a range of issues that affect the whole school or organisation. It is aimed at senior leaders, including experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, SENCOs and ASTs and other senior staff looking for further professional development but not yet within 18 months of headship. You do not have to have completed any prior leadership development programmes to embark upon this qualification.
The NPQSL qualification will support you in becoming a highly effective senior leader, with the skills, confidence and knowledge to contribute to the strategic development of your school or organisation as part of the senior leadership team.
Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together (LTT) are pleased to deliver an NPQSL cohort across Lincolnshire in partnership with our accrediting NPQ provider: George Spencer Academy, Nottingham.
Our programme is delivered though a blended learning approach; a combination of face to face days, on-line learning , school experience, and self –study and personal reading. As a competency based programme there is a focus throughout on the development of skills and understanding alongside leadership behaviours. Whilst on the programme day-to-day leadership development in your current school will allow you to:
- lead on a strategically challenging project
- engage in challenge and support from your coach and/or head teacher
- integrate new learning into your leadership practice
- develop those leadership behaviours identified through the 360 diagnostic
- negotiate and tackle specific whole team/school improvement priorities
Those not currently working in a school will undertake these activities in the school(s) that they have identified, and who have committed to support them.
The course duration is 12 months with an expectation that participants go for final assessment within 12-18 months from induction. For the dates of our face-to-face days, please see the attachment below.
- For schools with over 210 on roll, the cost of NPQSL is £1200.
- For schools with less than 210 on roll, as identified by Edubase at the time of application, the cost is £1050.
- All charges include final assessment fees.
- If you are a member of one of our partner or teaching school alliance schools, or making multiple bookings on behalf of a MAT or other cluster of schools, you may be eligible for up to a 10% discount.
- Funding may be available for schools - further details surrounding this should be directed to George Spencer Academy: Telephone: 0115 9170100 Email: email@example.com
Applications are submitted through George Spencer Academy through the online booking form for the Lincolnshire intake. Applications are currently closed and will re-open again in the summer term for September 2020 start.
Further details can be found on the flyer attachment below. Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.