- What We Do/
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)/
- National Professional Qualifications (NPQ)/
- National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML)/
National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML)
NPQML is aimed at those who are, or are aspiring to become, a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team e.g. a key stage leader, a curriculum area leader, a pastoral services leader, a subject leader, a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), or a head of department. This includes those who are, or are aspiring to be, a middle leader with cross-school responsibilities e.g. a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE).
Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together (LTT) are pleased to deliver an NPQML cohort across Lincolnshire in partnership with our accrediting NPQ provider: George Spencer Academy, Nottingham.
Our programme is delivered though a blended learning approach; a combination of face to face days, on-line learning , school experience, and self –study and personal reading. As a competency based programme there is a focus throughout on the development of skills and understanding alongside leadership behaviours. Whilst on the programme day-to-day leadership development in your current school will allow you to:
- Lead on a strategically challenging project
- Engage in challenge and support from your coach and/or head teacher
- Integrate new learning into your leadership practice
- Develop those leadership behaviours identified through the 360 diagnostic
- Negotiate and tackle specific whole team/school improvement priorities
Those not currently working in a school will undertake these activities in the school(s) that they have identified, and who have committed to support them.
The course duration is 12 months with an expectation that participants go for final assessment within 12-18 months from induction. For the dates of our face-to-face days, please see the attachment below.
- For schools with 210 or more on roll, the cost is £900.
- For schools with less than 210 on roll, as identified by Edubase at the time of application, the cost is £750.
- All charges include final assessment fees.
- If you are a member of one of our partner or teaching school alliance schools, or making multiple bookings on behalf of a MAT or other cluster of schools, you may be eligible for up to a 10% discount.
- Funding may be available for schools - further details surrounding this should be directed to George Spencer Academy: Telephone: 0115 9170100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are submitted through George Spencer Academy through the online booking form for the Lincolnshire intake. Applications are currently closed and will re-open again in the summer term for September 2020 start.
Further details can be found on the flyer attachment below. Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.