- What We Do/
- Stronger Governance for Education in Lincolnshire/
- Lincolnshire Leaders of Governance Recruitment/
Lincolnshire Leaders of Governance Recruitment
Lincolnshire is keen to develop its system leadership capacity through seeking to appoint additional specialist leaders to support quality of governance across the county.
Lincolnshire Leaders of Governance (LLGs) - a group which includes the Lincolnshire based National Leaders of Governance - are deployed to deliver a support package for schools who have identified an improvement area in their current leadership and governance or who wish to develop further in this area to improve outcomes for the school and learners.
LLGs provide support and guidance to Governing Boards who are seeking to further develop their capacity to provide leadership and bring about continuous school improvement.
LLGs are involved in, for example:
Supporting schools in securing and/or improving their Ofsted grading for the ‘effectiveness of leadership and management’. This might include allocating a LLG to an IEB (Interim Executive Board) in response to a school going into ‘special measures’;
- Supporting a governing board in undertaking a review of their effectiveness using an agreed self-evaluation tool;
- Supporting a new Chair of Governors or Chair of a committee;
- Supporting those with ‘lead governor’ responsibilities in such areas as Pupil Premium, Safeguarding, Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND), Budget setting/Finance etc.;
- Supporting the implementation and/or development of governor learning walks and other monitoring strategies;
- Supporting the use of Pupil Premium Funding through the sharing of best practice;
- Providing bespoke training and development for a governing board and/or group of governors;
- Coaching and mentoring new and existing Chairs of Governors;
- Providing a short term response to a loss of expertise in a Governing Board.
Working as a LLG
- Your conduct will be linked to the key principles of objectivity, sensitivity, integrity, accountability, openness and honesty.
- You will be committed to work to mutually agreed time scales.
- You will report to Lincolnshire Teaching School Alliance who lead on the governance support work for Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together
- You may need to be able to travel to meet governors as agreed at the start of your deployment and will be provided with expenses to meet your travel costs.
- You will need to be able to recognise when a conflict of interest arises and when to declare a business or personal interest should this arise.
- You will be expected to have a basic understanding of safeguarding and child protection and how to report issues of concern.
- You will be required to provide evidence that you have had a DBS check.
Please contact us if you would like to have a conversation about possibly joining our LLG team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01522 553240