Headteacher Performance Management
In response to a suggestion from the LTSA Strategic committee, we have devised and written a Headteacher Performance Management (HTMP) process. This is based on research into best practice in this area by Dr David Eddy Spicer of the institute of Education and published by the National College of Teaching and Leadership.
The aims of LTSA HTMP are:
- To provide schools, governing bodies and headteachers with a clear, rigorous and effective process which maximises the potential for school improvement and staff development.
- To develop opportunities for system leadership across the Alliance.
- To establish beneficial expectations around rigour and transparency.
- To provide clear and effective paperwork which embodies good practice.
- To augment the Alliance's existing procedures for School to School support and Peer Review. Like Peer Review, HTMP supports school improvement and results in objectives related to leadership and management. Unlike Peer Review, HTMP should not be reciprocal and will focus on holistic, as opposed to specific, aspects of a school's performance.
HTPM is exclusive to Alliance members and the cost for this service to the school is £600. Of this fee, £75 will stay with the LTSA to cover the cost of administering the system. The remaining £525 will go to the External Advisor's School. There is an expectation that the External Advisor will carry out half a day of preparation work, have a half day face to face meeting with the Headteacher in their school and then carry out an interim progress check via telephone.
For further details please email: S2S@lincstsa.co.uk and one of our team will contact you to discuss it further.