Fees and Funding
The cost of the course is £9000.
Student Loans Company
Trainees from the UK or EU are entitled to receive student loans to cover tuition fees and maintenance for the course, this is provided by the Student Loans Company. You will need to apply through the Student Loans Company, England website, more information can be found on their website.
Bursaries are available from the National College for Teaching and Leadership in priority subject areas; the level of the bursary is dependent on your degree level and the subject you wish to teach.
You do not need to apply for these, you will receive payments through providing you meet the eligibility criteria. More information can be found on the DfE website, please click here.
Trainees may be eligible for a tax-free scholarships of up to £28,000. These are available from a number of sources in priority subject areas:
- Chemistry - The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Computing - BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Geography – Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- Languages – British Council
- Mathematics - The Institute of Mathematics
- Physics - The Institute of Physics
You apply for scholarships directly to the professional institute. Please click on the individual institutes above for more information.