Applications are now open for a September 2021 start, you can apply through the DFE Apply System or UCAS Teacher Training, - CLICK HERE
A UK Honours degree or equivalent, at a minimum of 2:2*.
For secondary teaching: in most cases at least 50% of the degree should be in the subject you wish to teach. Exceptions to this may be where you have an A level in the subject and the capacity to undertake a Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) course. Further details can be found here.
*please contact us if you have a 3rd in your degree
- All entrants have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4/grade C in GCSE English and mathematics.
- All those who intend to teach pupils aged 3 to 11 additionally have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4/grade C in a GCSE science subject.
Before your training starts you will need to undergo the following safegurding checks:
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) including Children's Barred List check
- Prohibition from Teaching check
- Disqualification by Association check - Primary only
- Living and Working Abroad check
- Other safeguarding checks, where applicable
LTSA SCITT will give you full support in completing these checks once you had an offer of training.