- What We Do/
- Train to Teach/
- Assessment Only Route into Teaching (AOR)/
- Eligibility & How to Apply/
Eligibility & How to Apply
AOR is aimed at candidates who are have teaching experience but are unqualified. It is ideal for those who have been teaching for a minimum of two years, who can assemble evidence of meeting the standards for qualified teacher status (QTS). Click here to access the Teachers' Standards.
- All entrants have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4/grade C in GCSE English and mathematics.
- All those who intend to teach pupils aged 3 to 11 additionally have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4/grade C in a GCSE science subject.
- All candidates hold a first degree or equivalent qualification granted by a United Kingdom institution or an equivalent degree or other qualification granted by a foreign institution.
- Passed the Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy prior to commencement of the assessment period.
- All candidates have taught in at least 2 schools.
- Have taken part in a selection process designed to assess suitability to teach and the ability to demonstrate meeting all the standards for QTS without the need for any further training.
*A first degree comprises 300 HE credit points of which 60 must be at level 6 of the QCF.
How to apply:
Should you meet the Eligibility Criteria above, please download our AOR Eligibility and Guidance Information below, this contains a flowchart on page 2 which explains the application processes and what to do next.
Should you have any questions or when you are ready to submit an application, please contact us for the AOR Application Pack. (email@example.com)