Early Career Teacher Programme
Audience: Teachers in their NQT year or second year of teaching. A programme of 6 online sessions.
|Monday 5/10/20||Session 1||Introduction and Behaviour Management - consistency, high expectation and motivation|
|Tuesday 3/11/20||Session 2||Pedagogy - what cognitive science tells us and what it means for my teaching|
|Wednesday 13/1/21||Session 3||Pedagogy - adaptive Teaching|
|Thursday 4/3/21||Session 4||Curriculum - subject knowledge review and literacy teaching|
|Wednesday 12/5/21||Session 5||Assessment - feedback for quality learning|
|Thursday 17/6/21||Session 6||Professionalism – developing expertise and your professional personal|
Intent: To provide early career teachers in the first two years of their career with:
- high quality, structured support in order to begin the journey towards becoming an expert
- the tools to contribute to the development of knowledge, practices and working habits to set participants up for a fulfilling and successful career in teaching.
Implementation: The programme will:
- be delivered through a workshop approach which will review research and best practice to enhance knowledge in each of the four domains
- provide practical ideas for skill development
- thread the theme of professional behaviours and identity through the programme
- evaluate the evidence base through critical thinking and embed reflective practices to develop their expertise
- establish a supportive network of colleagues at similar career stages and so work collaboratively to improve specific areas of their own practice.
Impact: Following the event, early career teachers will have an increased understanding of: the best available evidence of behaviour management; pedagogy; curriculum and assessment and have developed their own skills and professional behaviours.