Early Career Teacher Programme
Audience: Teachers in their NQT year or second year of teaching. A programme of 6 sessions.
The Keyworth Centre, Lincoln, LN6 0EP, 3-5pm
Boston High School (#1,3,5) & Boston Grammar School (#2,4,6), 3:30pm - 5:30pm
|Introduction - early career expectations||Thursday 19th September 2019||Thursday 26th September 2019|
|Behaviour Management - consistency, high expectation and motivation||Monday 7th October 2019||Wednesday 16th October 2019|
|Pedagogy - what cognitive science tells us and what it means for my teaching||Tuesday 5th November 2019||Monday 11th November 2019|
|Pedagogy - adaptive Teaching||Wednesday 15th January 2020||Wednesday 22nd January 2020|
|Curriculum - subject knowledge review and literacy teaching||Thursday 5th March 2020||Thursday 12th March 2020|
|Assessment - feedback for quality learning||Thursday 18th June 2020||Wednesday 24th June 2020|
Intent: To provide early career teachers in the first two years of their career with:
- high quality, structured support in order to begin the journey towards becoming an expert
- the tools to contribute to the development of knowledge, practices and working habits to set participants up for a fulfilling and successful career in teaching.
Implementation: The programme will:
- be delivered through a workshop approach which will review research and best practice to enhance knowledge in each of the four domains
- provide practical ideas for skill development
- thread the theme of professional behaviours and identity through the programme
- evaluate the evidence base through critical thinking and embed reflective practices to develop their expertise
- establish a supportive network of colleagues at similar career stages and so work collaboratively to improve specific areas of their own practice.
Impact: Following the event, early career teachers will have an increased understanding of: the best available evidence of behaviour management; pedagogy; curriculum and assessment and have developed their own skills and professional behaviours.