Aspiring to Headship
Audience: primary and secondary senior leaders looking to move into headship in the next 1-3 years.
|1||Friday 18th October 2019|
|2||Friday 1st November 2019|
|3||Monday 2nd December 2019|
|4||Tuesday 14th January 2020|
|5||Tuesday 11th February 2020|
This programme will be held at the KYRA Training Centre, The Priory Pembroke Academy, Cherry Willingham, LN3 4JP; all sessions will run from 9am - 4pm.
Cost: LTSA Alliance members: £500, Non-Alliance members: £750
All bookings are through KYRA Teaching School Alliance, please use the following link: https://event.bookitbee.com/23432/aspiring-headship-primary-secondary
Intent: To develop the vision, knowledge and key practical skills which are fundamental to the role of headteacher. To learn from inspirational and experienced headteachers and leaders from Lincolnshire.
Implementation: The programme will include the following topics:
- Vision for Leadership
- Collaboration for improvement
- Workload and wellbeing of staff
- Leadership of Pupil Premium
- Coaching in Leadership
- Leadership of SEND
- Next steps to leadership
- Ofsted framework
- Finance in schools - managing a school budget
- Systems and processes for strategy and improvement
Training will be based on the new headteacher standards, and will be planned following a 360 degree review of each participant. Participants will be expected to engage in peer to peer coaching, undertake key reading and join an online community.
Impact: Following the programme:
- leadership effectiveness will be enhanced
- a leadership culture will be established
- strategies for improving the quality of education for young people will be shared
- participants will feel connected to a local vision for strategic improvement, collaboration, peer review and system leadership.