- What We Do/
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)/
- National Professional Qualifications (NPQ)/
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)/
National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
Our NPQH is a unique and integrated course which not only focuses on the key skills needed for headship but is also informed by both national and international theory and practice. It's a high bar that will challenge and develop talented leaders from all backgrounds to deliver educational excellence.
This is a unique programme being delivered in full partnership with the University of Nottingham’s School of Education which could lead directly on to a MA in Educational Leadership and Management if you wish to continue your studies beyond NPQH. The University of Nottingham is a member of the elite Russell Group with one of the top research departments of education both nationally and internationally.
Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together (LTT) are pleased to deliver an NPQH cohort across Lincolnshire in partnership with our accrediting NPQ provider: George Spencer Teaching School Alliance.
Our programme is delivered though a blended learning approach; a combination of face to face days, on-line learning, school experience, and self – directed study. As a competency based programme there is a focus throughout on the development of skills and understanding alongside leadership behaviours. Whilst on the programme day-to-day leadership development in your current school will allow you to:
- Lead on a strategically challenging project
- Engage in challenge and support from your coach and/or head teacher
- Integrate new learning into your leadership practice
- Develop those leadership behaviours identified through the 360 diagnostic
- Negotiate and tackle specific whole team/school improvement priorities
Those not currently working in a school will undertake these activities in the school(s) that they have identified, and who have committed to support them.
The course duration is 12 months, including the 9 day placement in a contrasting school, with an expectation that participants go for final assessment within 12-18 months from induction.
New for 2020-2021: In the current climate, we have converted many of our face to face days into online webinars, video resources and activities so that learning is flexible for schools. We anticipate that this will be the offer for the Autumn term and hope to integrate some face-to-face learning in the Spring and Summer terms. Further details can be found in our NPQH programme information, please click here.
£1950pp - DFE Scholarship Funding is available, please refer to our FAQ document for more information
This year we are offering 2 start dates. DFE Funding is available, this is managed by our NPQ accrediting provider: George Spencer Teaching School Alliance, full funding details and eligibility can be found here.
To reserve a place on the Lincolnshire intake, the online initial booking form should be completed. Following this, you will need to complete the Gateway Assessment to be assessed through our external provider, NPQ Online.
Step 1: Complete the George Spencer Booking Form for Lincolnshire Cohort
Step 2: Complete the Gateway Assessment Form for NPQ Online and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPQH Gateway Application Form, please click here
- NPQH Gateway Application Guidance, please click here. We strongly recommend you read and complete your application using this guidance.
July Start date:
- Application Form Deadline: 8th July
- Gateway Timeline: 8th June - 6th July
September Start date:
- Application Form Deadline: 25th September
- Gateway Timeline: 24th August - 25th September
Further details can be found in the documents below. Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.