During this unprecedented time, we have created a central page for the latest resources, updates and information in relation to the LTSA work streams. Please click on the titles to expand the fields.
Resources for teachers and pupils
- The Department for Education has a dedicated page for teachers and school leaders which provides, information, guidance and support for delivering remote education during coronavirus - please click here to access the DFE website
- Oak National Academy is a new online service to help teachers and families access educational materials during the school closures - please click here
- The Chartered College for Teaching has collated resources from across the education sector, including Home Learning Support, Online CPD and education updates - please click here
- Dr Kathy Weston has released a video on supporting parents through home education, including key ideas - please click here
- BBC Bitesize Daily has been developed to provide new lessons every weekday for pupils from Y1 - Y10 - please click here. BBC Teach also has free videos, resources and interactive lessons for parents and teachers - please click here.
- Future Learn has online CPD courses available - please click here
- The Teacher Development Trust have put together a number of free online Zoom meetings with some high profile names from the CPD world - please click here to register
- The Oxford University Press have put together free lesson packs in English, Geography, History, Maths, Modern Languages, PE, Psychology, RE & Science - please click here
- The EEF (Education Endowment Foundation) have a series of resources to support schools and parents to make the most of home learning - please click here
- Early Education (The British Association for Early Childhood Education) has developed some resources to support Early Career Teachers - please click here
- Rooted in Reading is an LTSA resources that schools can use to track and encourage students' personal reading. We have made online versions of three of our passports for students to download and use at home - please click here to access these
- Where to get hold of books without leaving the house - please click here to access online books through Audible; The British Library; Lincolnshire Library Service; My Modern Met
- NATE has free teaching resources available on its website to support teachers and students - please click here
- English and Media revision resources are now available free - please click here
- UK Literacy Association (UKLA) has a series of free resources available - please click here, there is also a series of viewpoints - click here - and webinars - click here - available through its website
- The Mathematical Association has free resources available to help pupils and parents at home - please click here
- STEM Learning have a range of maths resources available - please click here
- Materials to support teachers and schools planning and delivering maths teaching in school and remotely at both primary and secondary level are available from the NCETM - please click here
Science, Computing & Technology Resources
- SLP and STEM Learning have a range of resources available for teachers, parents and carers - please click here to be redirected to our website
- A list of websites containing resources for pupils aimed at Science, Computing, Geography and educational videos can also be found on our website - please click here
- Teach Computing has professional development courses for teachers, to support the teaching of computing from KS1-4 - please click here
- The Association for Science Education (ASE) has a directory of resources for primary and secondary - please click here
- The Design and Technology Association has free resources available for home learning - please click here
- TPEA has teacher resources and home learning support for Computing - please click here
- The Historical Association has a range of open access materials available for pupils and teachers - please click here
- The Royal Geographical Society has teaching resources available to support Geography at Home - please click here
- The National Association of teachers of Religious Education (NATRE) has support for teachers and pupils - please click here
- PSHE Association has guidance documents, podcasts and articles available to download - please click here
- NSEAD have a variety of arts, craft and design remote resources for all ages available to teachers, parents and carers - please click here
- One Dance UK has collated a series of online resources, videos and task ideas for teachers on their website - please click here
- Music Mark has a selection of home learning resources available for all ages - please click here
- ISM also has music resources for educations on its website - please click here
- AFPE has updates available for teachers on its website as well as videos to support the teaching of PE at home - please click here
- Please also refer to our section "Keeping Active" at the bottom of this page for more fitness ideas
Key COVID-19 Updates
- Government advice on COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- NHS advice on COVID-19: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- DFE Coronavirus helpline: 0800 046 8687 or DfE.email@example.com (lines are open Monday - Friday from 8am-6pm and Saturday - Sunday from 10am - 6pm)
- DFE Covid-19 list of online educational resources for home education: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-online-education-resources/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-online-education-resources-for-home-education
- Links to DFE specific guidance surrounding Covid-19 can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-schools-and-other-educational-settings
LTSA & LTT Updates
In line with LTT, LTSA are currently hosting events, training and meetings remotely. We are reviewing the national picture regularly, and will communicate with our alliance partners and participants as to any further information which is relevant as soon as we are able to. We will also publish pertinent information on this page, including updates and resources relevant for our schools.
LTT Remote Learning
All of the Teaching Schools that are part of LTT have pulled together their top links to websites, for guidance and support available for remote/ virtual learning. You can find them along with other useful resources here: please click here
Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together (LTT) have produced a special edition of Partnership News for schools, a copy can be found at the bottom of this page. The LTT website can be accessed here.
Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together recognise the substantial work that schools are now facing in order to ensure their pupils and students can access high quality education and can get back on track to meet curriculum expectations, achieve their individual potential, and to be ready for their next stage of education or employment.
LTT, funded by LCC, are working together to provide this ‘Recover Lincolnshire’ programme of support for schools.
Virtual networks, access to resources and specialist support, and signposting of wider opportunities, will provide leaders and teachers across Lincolnshire with a universally accessible toolkit to help them in the months ahead. Further information can be found in the Recover Lincolnshire Newsletters - click here
LTSA CPD Programme Resources
To enable teachers across LTSA to maintain the development of their CPD despite the cancellation of our programmes, we have curated lists of resources and course links to meet the specific needs of delegates on each of our programmes. Please click the relevant headings below:
NPQs - Lincolnshire Cohort
For all NPQ participants, coaches and HTs on the 2019-20 NPQ cohorts, please read the following document for updates:
Our 2020-21 cohorts are currently running as online delivery, please read the following document for updates:
We continue to share and support our NPQ participants in partnership with our accrediting provider (George Spencer Teaching School Alliance) to support them to achieve their NPQ qualification. The George Spencer website can be found by clicking here.
For further information, please click here to be re-directed to our NPQ website page.
NGA Learning Link is an online training platform which all governors in Lincolnshire can access for free - click here for further information
We have compiled a list of 16 questions as a framework to support Chairs and Clerks to think about how they can manage the governance in their schools during lockdown - please click here
Please see our new resource: Governance in a Covid-19 context: Recovery and Resilience, this a series of videos for governors and Trustees to support them with their governance work at this time - please click here
Our Library of Key Resources remains up-to-date with governor resources and information for schools, Chairs, Clerks and Governing Boards - please click here to access this through our website
Please also see two new and useful links:
The DFE have released a guidance for ITT providers and the ITT criteria has been temporarily amended in light of Covid-19 - please click here to read the guidance on the DFE webpage. LTSA SCITT are continually communicating directly with all our trainees and schools in response to Covid-19, trainees are in school completing their placement and an online training programme is in place with online resources to support in their development. We are fully supporting trainees in their journey to achieve QTS at the end of the academic year.
Applications are now open for a September 2021 start, applications can be made through UCAS Teacher Training or DFE Apply for Teacher Training. Please click here for further information on our primary and secondary teacher training programmes and details of how to apply.
Science Learning Partnership/Computing Hub
The Science & Computing Hub for Lincolnshire has a wealth of resources and brand new remote CPD courses for both Primary and Secondary Teachers, which includes science and computing. There is also a wealth of resources available for teaching all ages, from primary up to A Level.
STEM Learning is pleased to offer a comprehensive national programme of home learning support for teachers and parents that can be accessed free of charge. If you are looking to continue your professional development with our new remote CPD, or a full programme of online CPD, we are here to support you over the coming months. You can find high quality resources for the remote teaching of STEM subjects for every age group on our website, and support parents by sharing our Home learning activities, including a ‘Parent Survival guide for Home Learning’.
The Lincolnshire SLP have a wealth of resources available for teachers, parents and carers through our website - please click here to be redirected. A list of websites containing resources for pupils aimed at Science, Computing, Geography and education videos can be found by clicking here
If you want to get in touch or have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teach Computing has a series of professional development courses for teachers available to support KS1-KS4 teaching - please click here
Wellbeing & Keeping Active
- NHS - Every Mind Matters, this link includes expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing: www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters
- Headspace for Educators - Headspace offers free access to teachers and school support staff across the UK: https://www.headspace.com/educators
- Education Support Partnership - provides a free mental health and wellbeing support service for all education staff, call them on: 08000 562 561 or: https://www.educationsupport.org.uk/
- Headrest UK is a free daily wellbeing telephone support service for Headteachers and CEOs, call them on: 08008620110 or: www.headrestuk.co.uk/
- Calm - Find your calm. Sleep more. Stress less. Live Better: www.calm.com
- Operation Encompass has a webpage of resources for teachers to support children who are victims of domestic abuse: www.operationencompass.org/
- Mentally Healthy Schools has a toolkit of resources to support children during the pandemic: www.mentallyhealthyschools.org.uk/resources
- KYRA Teaching School Alliance have put together some useful links and resources linked to wellbeing which may be of use to schools and communities - please click here
- Fitness Blender has free videos featuring a range of exercises and workouts - please click here
- A wealth of celebrities and personal trainers have released a range of videos and tutorials online where you can access dance, yoga and exercise classes for free
- PE with Joe Wicks streams live Mon/Wed/Fri at 9am (and are saved to his channel) - click here for the Body Coach YouTube channel
Confident Choices are pleased to be offering a series of weekly webinars for Lincolnshire Career Leaders during this time. These webinars will be free to access and will be hosted by a range of partners, all of which are designed to enable you to develop your careers provision in school. Please contact email@example.com for a copy of the webinar timetable.
Confident Choices list of online career resources for Key Stage 5 and 4 - please click here
Confident Choices May update document - this update tells the story of our first nine months; it records our achievements to date and informs schools about the next steps of the project - please click here
If you would like to be added to the Confident Choices mailing list to receive further updates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confident Choices is on Twitter, follow us: @ConfidentChoic1
The new Confident Choices website is now live and can be found at: confidentchoices.co.uk/