Future LLG Role
An LLG will provide support and guidance to Governing Boards who are seeking to further develop their capacity to provide leadership and bring about continuous school improvement.
The future could provide opportunities for an LLG to be involved in any or all of the following. You will help to determine what the support package will look like in Lincolnshire:
- Supporting schools in securing and/or improving their Ofsted grading for the ‘effectiveness of leadership and management’. This might include allocating a LLG to an IEB (Interim Executive Board) in response to a school going into ‘special measures’;
- Supporting a governing board in undertaking a review of their effectiveness using an agreed self-evaluation tool;
- Supporting a new Chair of Governors or Chair of a committee;
- Supporting those with ‘lead governor’ responsibilities in such areas as Pupil Premium, Safeguarding, Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND), Budget setting/Finance etc.;
- Supporting the implementation and/or development of governor learning walks and other monitoring strategies;
- Providing bespoke training and development for a governing board and/or group of governors;
- Coaching and mentoring new and existing Chairs of Governors;
- Providing a short term response to a loss of expertise in a Governing Board.
- Your conduct will be linked to the key principles of objectivity, sensitivity, integrity, accountability, openness and honesty.
- You will be committed to work to mutually agreed time scales.
- You will report to a designated Teaching School Alliance or Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together
- You may need to be able to travel to meet governors as agreed at the start of your deployment and will be provided with expenses to meet your travel costs.
- You will need to be able to recognise when a conflict of interest arises and when to declare a business or personal interest should this arise.
- You will be expected to have a basic understanding of safeguarding and child protection and how to report issues of concern.
- You will be required to provide evidence that you have had a DBS check.