A UK Honours degree or equivalent, at a minimum of 2:2*.
For secondary teaching: in most cases at least 50% of the degree should be in the subject you wish to teach. Exceptions to this may be where you have an A level in the subject and the capacity to undertake a Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) course. Further details can be found here.
*please contact us if you have a 3rd in your degree
GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above in:
- Science (for Primary)
Professional Skills Tests
You will need to pass the Government Professional Skills Tests in Literacy and Numeracy. These are designed to test whether you have the basic level of literacy and numeracy needed to teach to a national standard. Go to the Department for Education's website to find out more.
Before your training starts you will need to undergo the following safegurding checks:
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) including Children's Barred List check
- Prohibition from Teaching check
- Disqualification by Association check - Primary only
- Living and Working Abroad check
- Other safeguarding checks, where applicable
LTSA SCITT will give you full support in completing these checks once you had an offer of training.